Monday 30 May 2016

2.1 Seventh Iteration : Going live on Google Play Store

For this iteration I plan to:

  1. Upload my application to the Google Play Store.
  2. Get some test users to download the app.
  3. Design future iterations based on feedback received.
Risks: The main risks associated with this app or the potential for unexpected crashes when the app goes live on the Google Play Store. Identifying these areas however will enhance the user experience of this app.

Putting the application on the app store was surprising more straight forward then anticipated. Once the app met Google's image icon criteria and the app was given a rating exam, the app was ready to be launched. The only key element was a signed APK. After uploading the signed apk, the app went live.  

Following the apps launch, I managed to get some test users to download my app and sign in with a specific user name and password. I explained briefly how the app operated before letting them test it. After a day or two of testing, I went to my testers for the initial wave of feedback.

The feedback was as follows:
  1. Users found it difficult to identify the status of a shift for example; whether a shift was currently pending, which shifts were their own and which were as a result of a successful swap.
  2. Users found it difficult to see some of the information of the swap. A suggestion was made to emphasis the text related to the day in each row of the shifts list.
  3. It was suggested to add a symbol to identify swaps quickly within the app.
  4. A more lively colour for the app was also suggested, the current colour being grey. 
  5. Users also discovered a bug where they could continuously swap the same shift over and over again with no constrainst on the number of swaps a single shift could preform.
With this feedback, I managed to design my future iterations so that I can address all this feedback and make the app a better experience for my users.

For my next iteration, I plan to develop and design the data entry point for my administrators. 

No comments:

Post a Comment